A reflection of Purpose

The Woman at the Well: A Reflection of Purpose


In John 4, we meet the woman at the well, who encounters the Messiah and receives a task. This story resonates with believers and non-believers alike, reminding us that God has a specific plan for each of us.


In Genesis, we see God creating the world with purpose. He formed light, land, and life, each serving a distinct function. Similarly, when He created us, He knew our purpose.


Ephesians 2:10 affirms, "We are His handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Yet, like the woman at the well, I've often struggled:


1.⁠ ⁠To recognize God's presence and voice in my life.

2.⁠ ⁠To obey and step into my purpose, held back by self-doubt and false identities.


The woman's story mirrors my own:


•⁠  ⁠She didn't recognize the Messiah, and I've missed God's whispers.

•⁠  ⁠She felt unworthy due to her past and community, and I've let my background hold me back.


But God sees beyond our flaws. He created us for a purpose, and His handiwork is not flawed.


As I learn to become a "well woman," His handiwork, I'm reminded:


•⁠  ⁠God's plans precede our failures.

•⁠  ⁠Our true identity is in Christ.

•⁠  ⁠Obedience unlocks our purpose.


May we, like the woman at the well, encounter Jesus and discover our purpose, embracing our true identity as His handiwork.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Journey of Self-Forgiveness

The Power of Expectation

Ask Big